Ministry of Commerce and Industry (Gov. of India), New Delhi
Name of the post
Pay Band and Grade Pay/Pay
ScaleNumber of posts
Principal Library and Information Officer and Director.
General Central Service, Group`A' Gazetted, Non-Ministerial
Level 13 in the pay matrix (Rs. 123100-215900/-). One *
(* Subject to variation dependent on requirement)
Deputation (including short-term contract).
"Officers under the Central Government or State Governments or Union Territories or Public Sector Undertakings or Universities or recognised research institutions or semi-Government or autonomous or statutory organisation:-
(A) (i) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or Department; OR
- with five years' service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in Level-12 (Rs. 78800-209200/-) in the Pay Matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; OR
- with ten years' service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in Level-11 (Rs. 67700-208700/-) in the Pay Matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or department ; and
(B) possessing the following educational qualifications and experience:
- Master's Degree in Library Science or Information Science or Documentation Science of a recognised University;
- Master's Degree in Economics or Commerce or Statistics of a recognised University; and
- twelve years' experience (including administrative experience) of working in a public or institutional library including experience in computerisation of the library.
Doctoral degree in Library Science or Information Science or Documentation Science of a recognised University.