MAULANA AZAD LIBRARY
Post Assistant Librarian
No of post 14
Pay level Pay Level-AL-10 (Pay Range: ₹ 57700 - 182400)
QUALIFICATIONS – ESSENTIAL
1. A Master’s Degree in Library Science, Information Science or Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree, with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
2. A consistently good academic record, with knowledge of computerization of a library.
3. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum standards and Procedure for award of M.Phil/Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be: Provided that the, candidates registered for the Ph.D degree prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Byelaws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree, and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the recruitment of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in University Subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D degree of the candidate has been awarded in the regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR /CSIR or any similar agency.
(i) The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Controller of Examinations/Registrar of the University.
(ii)NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for candidates in such Master’s Programmes for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
1. A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor's as well as at the Master's level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC)(Non-creamy Layer)/Differently-abled ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
2. A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master's Degree prior to19 September, 1991.
How to apply
Persons downloading the Form from the Net are required to send a Cash receipt of Rs.500/- issued by the State Bank of India, AMU Branch (05555), under the Head, “Employment Fee” in the Account No. 10612177016 or Demand Draft of Rs.500/- payable to Finance Officer, AMU, Aligarh at State Bank of India, AMU Branch Aligarh (05555), along with the duly filled employment form complete in all respect. Complete application form procured in the above manner may either be delivered personally at the Reception Counter of Administrative Block or sent by post, superscribing on the top at the left side of the cover, the post applied for, advertisement number and date, to the Joint Registrar (Selection Committee-Non-Teaching) Section, Registrar’s Office, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh – 202002, so as to reach him by 27.07.2019.